The Virginia Tech Postdoctoral Association is a new informal organization dedicated to addressing the needs and concerns of all VT Postdocs. Creation of this association resulted mainly from concerns among Virginia Tech's Postdocs about:
- the need for support and resources that meet the specific needs of postdoctoral scholars at Virginia Tech;
- the desire for an organized and official University voice for postdoctoral scholars;
- the need for networking and community building opportunities for postdoctoral scholars;
The VTPA aims to enhance, support, and promote postdoctoral training here at Virginia Tech by:
- Providing resources for Postdoc professional development,
- Generate awareness about problems common to all Postdocs,
- Generate networking opportunities targeted at the postdoctoral career/life stage,
- Foster a sense of community among postdoctoral scholars.
We invite you to become part of the association or the Postdoc Advisory Board and we welcome your ideas and suggestions to improve the quality of postdoctoral life here at Virginia Tech. By participating in the VT Postdoctoral Association or leadership of the postdoc advisory board you have the opportunity to build your own leadership skills, meet other Postdocs outside of your home department, network and negotiate with others, and serve the community.